Practical Career Planning Course – Certificate Awarded by IPMA of UK
(All course fees are in USD)
(Limited Intake of learners on first-come-first-served basis)
11 December 2023 (Monday) 11 am-1 pm & 3-5 pm
14 December 2023 (Thursday) 11 am-1 pm & 3-5 pm
18 December 2023 (Monday) 11 am-1 pm
A satisfied, happy, & flourishing life-time career needs MORE THAN just graduating from a globally renowned university, and stellar academic results. The Speaker has seen young people with such “qualities” but still ended up in a dissatisfied & non-fulling career.
Career planning is often crucial to achieve a fulfilling & satisfied career for you. However, young people & students seldom have proper career planning for their future career.
The content is highly practical & is based on extensive & many successful experiences of the Instructor in coaching interns & students of 12+ years including giving career advices, & teaching young people of 8+ years in 1 of the professional associations. The Instructor also has executive experiences in investment banks, international consulting firm working experiences, & working experiences in many countries & places in Europe & Asia.
Having planned your career can also help avoid:
- Potential convoluted career journeys due to going into unsuitable career & subsequently, need to change career paths, which may waste your time unnecessarily in building up your career.
- Even worse scenarios: When you discover the career path chosen is actually not suitable to you, already too late to change your career path. The Instructor will give real life example in this Course.
- Increasing the chances of achieving satisfying career which can fulfil your goals & values
Practical Career Planning Certificate Course is an online course via live webinar with certificate issued by The International Professional Managers Association (IPMA) of United Kingdom.
About the Speaker
Ms. Wong is an accountant of UK and HK. She possesses working experiences & exposures to China, UK, Switzerland, Malaysia, Singapore, S. Korea, HK etc. Her work & intern coaching experiences:
- All her interns managed to get into big cos to work, even those NOT have flying colours for academic results & coming from humble origin
- Helping an intern from 1 of the top universities in the world to clear misconceptions in career world & helped the intern identified career path the intern truly suitable over the longer-term.
- As intern after receiving coaching & after working for Ms Wong managed to enter an internship of 1 of the largest Cos in HK.
- Invited to participate in QS Employer Survey of QS Global University Ranking for 3 years in a row, which covers basically all major universities around the world, including renowned universities like Tsinghua, Peking, Harvard, MIT, Oxford, Cambridge, Stanford, Cornell, & all universities in HK etc.
- Department Head of 2 sizable investment banks
- Asian Team of an international consulting firm
- Committee member, examination question reviewer etc. of 1 of the licencsing examinations in HK
- Teaching 1 of the professional qualification examinations for 8+ years
Total 10 hours including Q & As
- Acquire highly practical knowledge & skills in planning your career
- Increase chances of achieving a fulfilling, satisfying career that is not only suitable to you but also to your life goals
- Sharing of the Instructor’s real life & successful experiences in coaching interns & helping them achieve their career goals
- Learn how to enhance your competitiveness in searching for jobs
- Be able to minimise risks of potential pitfalls for your career
- Avoid potential convoluted career journeys as a result of going into unsuitable career & change career paths, wasting your precious time
- Avoid even worse scenarios: At the time of discovering the career path chosen is actually not suitable to you, already too late to change your career path
- 3 complimentary Career Guides of your choice
- HKD1,000 (or USD125) coupon for next purchase (minimum purchase HKD4,000 (USD500)
- Opportunities to work at our Co as interns, with work exposures to diverse job duties (multiple internships)
- Certificate awarded by IPMA of UK
Skills to be Learned
- Essential skills of how to plan your career
- Recent developments & industry trends in job markets, including new technologies & investment banking.
- Critical factors you need to consider in planning your career
- How to select industries & jobs suitable to you
- Awareness in caveats & potential pitfalls to avoid for your career
- Basic knowledge in how to achieve a fulfilling & happy career in longer-term
Award upon Successful Completion
Certificate issued by International Professional Managers Association of UK
Awarding organisation – IPMA of UK
The International Professional Managers Association (IPMA) of UK is a long-established globally renowned international examining, and professional body with 25+ years of history. IPMA seeks to enable participants to better able to cope with challenges, & deliver results especially under impact of new technologies & techniques.
IPMA has been collaborating with various management schools, business schools, universities, institutions, training centres etc. globally.
Reflecting IPMA’s professional standards, graduates / students of The Certified International Professional Managers (CIPM) Qualifying Examinations are granted direct entry / exemptions for International Executive MBA, and MBA. Examination scheme of CIPM has been benchmarked against UK National Quality Framework (NQF).
- Learn the essential skills of how to plan your career
- Get a glimpse of recent developments & industry trends in job markets, including new technologies & investment banking.
- Understand what are the critical factors you need to consider in planning your career
- Learn how to select industries & jobs suitable to you
- Enhance awareness in caveats & potential pitfalls to avoid for your career
- Acquire basic knowledge in how to achieve a fulfilling & happy career in longer-term
Who Should Enrol
- High school students
- University students
- Young people aged 25 or below
No prerequisites required.
Career Planning – Introduction
The Digital Age – Major Job Market Developments & Industry Trends Including Technology, Investment Banking Sectors
Essential Factors in Planning Your Career – Step-by-step Guidelines
Potential Career – Selecting Suitable Industries & Jobs
Caveats & Potential Pitfalls to Avoid for Your Career
Achieving a Satisfied & Successful Career in Longer-term
Q & A Session
1. Choose any 3 Career Guides
- Artificial Intelligence Career Guide
- Blockchain Career Guide
- Machine Learning Career Guide
- Data Science Career Guide
- Cloud Computing Career Guide
- Cybersecurity Career Guide
- Digital Marketing Career Guide
(Upon enrolment, pls email your choice of 3 Career Guides. Our email address will be provided in Receipt upon your enrollment)
2. HKD1,000 (or USD125) coupon for next purchase (minimum purchase HKD4,000 (USD500)
3. Attendance Certificate awarded by IPMA of UK
4. Opportunities to Work at PTI as Interns, Gaining Exposures to Diverse Job Duties (Multiple internships)
Depending on suitability & for a limited number of students, learners may have opportunities to join PTI to work with us as interns for 2 months, extendable for a longer period, depending on performance during internship.
The learners have to be physically present in HK & fulfil the regulatory conditions & requirements of working in HK.
PTI has sole discretion & reserves the right to make final decision to determine suitability of learners for our internship, & whether their internship application at our Co is successful.
(1) This course is an online course offered through webinar, & is a pure distance learning course (PDLC) which is not subject to registration requirements in HK.
(2) We reserve the right to revise/change any of the course content &/or instructor at our sole & absolute discretion, without prior notice to learner.
- Students 1 student
- Max Students200
- Duration10 hour
- Skill levelall
- Re-take courseN/A
1. Career Planning – Introduction
This introductory session would discuss about importance & reasons why career planning is needed, as well as advantages. It will also give introduction on general principles of career planning and general overview of the various topics of this course.
2. The Digital Age – Major Job Market Developments & Industry Trends Including Technology, Investment Banking Sectors
The Instructor would provide a review of key industry trends, developments, opportunities etc. in job markets of selected industries, including investment banking & the new technologies. An overview of the various key job roles for companies & skills essential for career success would be elaborated.
3. Essential Factors in Planning Your Career – Step-by-step Guidelines
Various external & internal considerations for your career planning would be highlighted. Other practical topics would be; Push & pull factors; How to set your career paths; Factors in choosing your first job?
4. Potential Career - Selecting Suitable Industries & Jobs
Key topics covered will include: What are the general & specific factors to consider in choosing a job?; How to open up greater opportunities & diversify options for your future career? ; What are positive and negative factors to bear in mind in career planning? ; What are general & specific demand for talents?
5. Caveats & Potential Pitfalls to Avoid for Your Career
This session pertains to: What you need to pay special attention to in your studies, internship, deciding your career paths, & job application? How to reduce the chances that you would eventually end up in selecting a potentially non-satisfying job for you? In planning your career, potential risks in different areas & practical examples would be cited.
6. Achieving a Satisfied & Successful Career in Longer-term
How to realistically increase the chances you have selected the suitable career path for yourself? How to build a solid foundation to become high flyer for success in your whole career?
7. Q & A Session
Live Question & Answer Session by The Instructor